Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Achcha hai

Well, was just going through the tracks on my hard-disk, till my ears struck on this one by Ghalib:

देखिए पाते हैं उशाक़ बुतों से क्या फ़ैज़,
इक बराहमन ने कहा है के ये साल अच्छा है.

Though it is never a good thought to provide an "implementation" of such a great poetic work, it turns out to be something like this: "Let us see what abundance the lovers will get by praying to the idols, One brahmin has said that this year is good."

I have heard and read this couplet so many times, but it never struck me so deep before today.

1 comment:

  1. Neither it struck me before reading this interpretation before. Thanks Niranjan....

    ReplyDelete

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...