Monday, April 25, 2011

Boredom and Work

Seven years and some months, it seems that I am still doing the same sort of work that I did when I had started. It is not that there were not times when I have had opportunity to work on interesting things, but in majority it has been the same boring stuff, 'fixing broken things' (named various things in service companies).

This routine work is probably a result because I have yet not worked with a product based organisation. I enjoyed a short stint working with our client, when we developed a nice product. 'Enhancements' are the nearest I have worked on in services company. 'Deliveries' are the next boring things I have faced. When, how and why they are planned still remains a mystery to me.

By the way, there have been some new services introduced in Google App Engine. Will be exploring them in due course of time.

Tich! Tich!, have office tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. same story in most places.. :)

    good that at least you have the enthusiasm to explore google app services!

    btw don't bet too much on 'product' companies either. there's a fairish percentage of work in the maintenance of the products as well :P

    ReplyDelete

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...