Sunday, September 2, 2007

Values of Education

"OP Maashi" visited our house today. She is one of our most closest family friends. She was widowed a couple of years ago and from then on she mostly visits religious places across the country.

As she was talking to me, she gave me a bad news. She said that, when 'Mesho' (her husband), was admitted to the ICU, in the adjacent cell, the founder of my school, was admitted too. Our founder expired a little later after 'Mesho'. She was all in praise for the commitment of the founder's daughter (who is the principal of our school), and her two nieces, one of whom is a public figure in journalism, during the entire crisis period.

I remember her. She was very lady-like. We used to celebrate her birthday on the 20th of November, as "Founder's Day" in our school. We used to present her with cards and flowers, she always admired the cards which were made by ourselves.

She was one, who laid more stress on grooming personal values into the students, even more than academic education. I remember an incidence, when she scolded a student for not keeping eye contact, as he was giving the reason for not doing his homework. Her argument was, if you are speaking the truth, then you should not be fearful to tell it. If you are lying... then obviously you do not have the courage and thus avoiding eye contact.

I always thank god that I have good people around me, along with the bad ones. Be it in my school, colleges and even in my offices. I have worked with people, who have taught me to decide whether the action I am contemplating would be correct or wrong under the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...