Saturday, October 18, 2008

Courage to ask

I had never followed Harry Potter, until last week. Not having the enthusiasm to pick up those fat volumes of printed material, I turned to the movie versions.

Currently I am watching the fourth in the series, "Goblet of Fire". The entire series is fascinating. Rowling seems to have created a virtual world all by herself. The "magic" and the school-ish environment appeals to the children almost instantly. The depiction of courage, righteousness and a strong sense of family bonding and values makes the adults interested in it too.

My favorite character is Hermione Granger. Genuine intelligence mixed with innocent beauty, draws my attention and admiration. Somehow I view Hermione in that light.

Also would like to reflect upon a dialogue of Hermione in the "Goblet of Fire", which prompted me to choose the title of this post. During the end of the Ball, she remarked to Ron "...pack up the courage and ask before somebody else does... and not as a last resort". Very true words, and the most difficult thing to do in the path towards love.

Not many people have that courage.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't read the books either, but yes the movies are certainly nice, and it certainly appeals to the kid in me!

    ReplyDelete

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...