Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting married

No, not me as yet :) I refer to the title of the post in third person narrative. Actually, of late I've been attending in short spans, marriages of my close friends.

Knowing them so well for the past so many years, it is an unique experience to see them go through the motions of the rituals and the "hulla-gulla" associated with typical Indian weddings. I never forget to ask them the question, "Kya ab feeling aa rahi hai?" (Do you get the feel of marriage, now?) just after the marriage is over, and their answer mostly tends towards the negative.

They also speak of a "turning point" in their life. After this, they need to plan, act and decide taking another "big factor" in mind, which probably they never did during their bachelorhood days. That could possibly explain, the "change / maturity" one talks about after marriage.

Hmm.... interesting thing, this marriage stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...