Thursday, July 9, 2009

Change of reference frames

कर रहा था ग़म-ए -जहां का हिसाब,
आज तुम याद बेहिसाब आए.
-- Faiz Ahmed 'Faiz'

This rendition by Begum Akhtar is marvellous. Until a few months ago, when I used to listen to this 'sher' in her voice, I used to be in a state of desperate depression. But in the recent past, this sher has a completely different effect on me. I feel immersed in a soothing essence of a beautiful thought.

And the reason for this change? The change of reference frames. So relativity holds true not only in physics, but in one's life and mood too.

By the way, here is that epic rendition:


No comments:

Post a Comment

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...