Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Panchatantra - Doordarshan

Felt so nostalgic today, after listening to the title track of Panchatantra. This serial used to be aired on Doordarshan when I used to be a kid.

Those were the initial days, and this title song struck me even then. Though I could not recall the entire track I distinctively remembered the "Ye pachatantra hai..." and the "kudrat ke jaadu hai isme". Jagjit's unique style of rendering caught me quite young, though the actual "bug" bit me during my typhoid recovery days listening to one of his most masterly works, "Sajda".

Here's the lyrics of the track in Devanagari:

यह पंचतंत्र है (२)
जीवन कि हर उलझन को सुलझाए,
बंजर धरती तोड़ के ज्ञान उगाए।
यह पंचतंत्र है ()

कुदरत के जादू हैं इसमें,
धरती कि खुशबू है इसमें, -- (२)
यह भटके रही को राह पे लाए,
यह पंचतंत्र है (३)

4 comments:

  1. Do you have this song, any link? Please share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have this song, any link? Please share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's the link bro ! Enjoy !!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617-eL20tU4

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...