Monday, October 10, 2011

आहिस्ता आहिस्ता पप्पा-जी आहिस्ता आहिस्ता! #RIPJagjitSingh

This is what I tweeted. I do not know how to react. As far as his physical loss is concerned I am really not impacted in any way, but from now on there is always going to be that feeling inside that JS is no more with us.

I have been listening to his music from the age of 14. My understanding of music does not go much beyond his performances. Such is his power of music, that I still do not feel that I should switch to some other singer. Whatever he has sung till date or whatever collection I have is enough for me to take me through my lifetime. If I have not got bored or used to the songs for the last 18 years, I will not for remaining of my life.

His music has played a pivotal role during my growing up from adolescence to youth. His music was a great companion during my struggle period. It is no understatement to make if I state that his music kept me so occupied that I did not lead astray at difficult times. I was focused and disciplined much like his album recordings.

My interest in Urdu poetry too stems from his music. I shall continue to post about his songs and his ability to understand the meter of the ghazal, his ability to render classic Urdu poetry in the same manner that I have been doing in the past, in this blog or wherever I comment on such things.

Thank you JS, may you rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thought of you when I heard the news... and spent much of the evening humming jaag ke kaati which you'd once shared.

    Not much to say, Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...