Sunday, May 6, 2018

Ten years of companionship

This year we are celebrating our 10 year's of companionship. We first met in the fall of 2008. It was love at first sight. In the initial days, he was not well versed in driving our relationship. He was nervous and innocent. He would try to get me rolling along and I had to show a lot of patience. His lack of experience led me to be hurt a lot at times, scars of which are present even today.

Gradually, thinks started to work. He would take me out on Sunday mornings and tried to "impress" me. Though for short runs, I was content that he was showing dedication and inclination towards me. Gradually, our relationship was fostering, it seemed. However, this was only temporary. He left me in the month of June of 2009. I was disheartened, that he left me in the company of his relatives for two years. The relatives were kind to me. They took good care and even today we have a fond relationship.

It was only in the year of 2011 that he was back and I returned to him. From then on it has been a steady but solid relationship. I may have failed him a couple of times, but very rarely during our outings. I have a problem that I am down and out when he leaves me wanting for few months. Not even touching me. He says he has to go abroad for few months, so he cannot attend to me. Sad! And when he returns, I make him pay to get all charged up and (re) start our relationship.

It has been a great journey so far. But he says that I am getting old. He is thinking of replacing me this year. He says this is the right time to get a new one. I am so afraid and sad, but what can I do?

Whatever happens, I know I have given him a good service and fulfilled my part of the relationship. In fact, today he took me for the most memorable service. It was my 10 years service day. They worked on my oil filter, engine oil, distilled water, spark plug, wheel balancing and what not. He splashed a lot on me today.

I would like to serve him more, but I am getting old. I do not have the same pick-up more so when the AC is switched on. He complains that he has to switch off the AC during the ascent on flyovers. I feel pained at heart. But we cars are not supposed to have emotions. Who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...