Friday, March 16, 2007

Lazy Day

There are days when the lazy bone in you becomes active. Today was one such day. I did not feel like rising from the bed in the morning. Neither, did I want to shave before going to office (and I didn't in fact!).

The Office resembled like the school today. Just like those text-books, I did not feel like going through the code, or the priority cases reported by the client. Just fiddled with the keyboard, checked my mails, attended a meeting (which was like the lecture we received at school) and ho... it was 5:30 P.M!

Thank god it's Friday!

The reason for this laziness and this detachment? I attribute to the couplet of Faiz Ahmed Faiz, rendered beautifully by my three favourite singers, Beghum Akhtar, Mehdi Hassan and Jagjit Singh:

Kar rahaa thaa ghum-e-jahaan ka hisaab,
Aaj tum yaad be-hisaab aaye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...