Sunday, August 31, 2008

nVidia card dies finally

My nVidia video card, finally hang up it's boots today. It simply refuses to respond and causes the screen to freeze on Windoze load. I wanted to check if the problem was with the card or the driver, but gave up after finding that my Fedora Core 8 DVD was corrupt. I am back to using the on-board Intel(R, and all that) graphics card. I am unable to use the Aero(R) interface, since that would require a video card. With the cost of car loan at it's peak, I will withhold the new card purchase as of now. In any case, I am not interested in spending more on my desktop. Come December, I may be mobile, in my use of computer at home :)

Also took this opp. to clean my keyboard thoroughly. Plugged out all the keys from the base frame and washed them with soap water. I did have a hectic time putting back all the keys properly back. I do have a much hygenic keyboard now, atleast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

तुम आओ तो सही...

This blog of mine, would be saying to me the same thing... एक वादा करो अब हमसे ना बिछड़ोगे कभी, नाज़ हम सारे उठा लेंगे, तुम आओ तो सही। An...